Have some questions that aren't answered on our Questions and Answers page? Prefer to speak to someone directly? We're here to help! There are a number of ways in which you can find out about Political Science at Memorial. These include:
- Talking with an instructor during office hours and/or contacting that person by email or phone.
- Consulting with the Department Head, either by appointment or during office hours.
- Going through the information on this Web site.
- Chatting with the friendly administrative staff in our Department office.
- Consulting with the Department's undergraduate academic advisor or graduate academic advisor.
Basic Tips for Doing Well in Political Science
There are a number of ways do well in most university courses. For instance:
- Attend class.
- Read assigned material ahead of time.
- Think about the material and actively engage it.
- Read newspapers and follow the news.
- Ask questions if you need clarification or guidance.
- Get a head start on papers and assignments.
- Allow sufficient time both to research and write your papers.
- Remember that short papers are not necessarily easier to do than longer ones. A good three page paper can take longer to write than one which is 10-15 pages.
- Write in your own words (avoid plagiarism).
- Remember to document the sources which you use.