PROCEDURE FOR LOWERING OF FLAGS
1. Department or Division Heads notify the Division of Marketing and Communications as soon as word of death of a current member of the faculty, staff, or student body has been received, giving all the information available, so that appropriate action may be taken.
2. The Division of Marketing and Communications or the President's Office instructs Campus Enforcement and Patrol (CEP) to lower the flags to half-mast. Flag duties will be performed by designated members of the CEP staff under the general direction of the Manager of CEP.
3. The principal flag sites of the University which may carry national, provincial, and University flags only, are:
4. The Division of Marketing and Communications approves the flying of flags of charitable organizations at sites other than above.
5. Flags will be flown at half-mast, on the day of burial, as a mark of respect, upon the death of: