Approval Date: 2014-07-25

Effective Date: 2014-07-05

Responsible Unit: Office of the Chief Risk Officer

Procedure for Insurance Claim - Property

If University assets or property become lost or damaged, contact the Office of the Chief Risk Officer (709-864-6216) as soon as possible. Only actions to remove any injured persons and to reduce damages are to be taken and replacement should not commence until approval is obtained. 

If items are misplaced, lost or stolen immediately report the incident to the Campus Enforcement and Patrol Office (709-864-8561).

The Office of the Chief Risk Officer notifies the insurance company issuing the policy of any claim and coordinates the claim process.


Policies using this procedure: