Newly Approved Policy Proposals
At a meeting held on October 15, the Policy Oversight Committee approved the following Policy Proposal:
- Academic Accommodation for Students with
At a meeting held on November 26, the Policy Oversight Committee approved the following Policy Proposals:
- Smoking - Revision
- Appropriate Use of Computing Facilities - Revision
Policy Consultation Status
Two open forums for consultation were held on the St. John's campus on Thursday, December 3 and Friday, December 11 for the following Policy:
Consultation will continue until January 15, 2010. Feedback is welcome and can be provided to Albert Norman, Department of Computing and Communications: email@example.com.
As of October 26, 2009, consultation was closed and final drafting is ongoing for the the following Policies:
- Information Technology Projects Approval (revision) - formerly titled Computer Systems Development Approval Policy (revision). At its meeting on November 26, the Policy Oversight Committee deferred approval, pending further discussion.
- Travel General (revision) - still in
consultation due to an extensive amount of
Status of Other Existing Policies in Development
- Off Campus Safety
- Contract Administration
- Violence - currently postponed pending development of a Behavioural Incident Protocol.
- Information Requests
- Sexual Harassment
Revisions to Existing Policies:
- Workflex Program
- Visual Identity
- Records Management
Procedures Advisory Group Update
The mandate of the Procedures Advisory Group is to ensure that, once polices receive approval by the Board of Regents, that the gudelines and procedures are properly integrated. Relative to the Alcohol Policy which is currently in the final approval stage, the Group met on November 24 and provided excellent feedback.
Review on the Policy Framework Process, May 6, 2009