Release 2 of the Policy Website
A new version of Memorial University's policy website went live on October 13, 2009.
New and revised features include:
- Search is located below the left menu and the feature now searches both policies and procedures (within the site, only).
- Browse has been enhanced to allow browsing of procedures, with an expand/collapse (+/-) feature on the policy titles
- Browse by Category now displays the policy titles by default.
- A Favourites feature has been added so that users can create shortcuts to their more frequently accessed policies and procedures.
- Add to Favourites and Save as Word document at the top of each policy and procedures document replace the previous icons.
- The site relies on navigational features of the user's internet browser, such as Back, File, Find, Print, etc.
- Each policy/procedure has a unique index which appears in the browser address line when the policy/procedure is displayed. Use this url for hyperlinking and bookmarking.
- Policy Website Help has been added to the homepage.
Many thanks to the members of the Policy Database Users Group for their input on the redesign of the site and to Dan Hyde of ccwebworks for bringing the design to life.
Policy Framework Review on Schedule
Over the past few months, Mr. Bruce Gorman, Internal Consultant with the Office of the Vice-President (Administrationd and Finance), has been leading a review of the University's policy. Work is progressing on schedule and Mr. Gorman will present his report to the President and Senior Policy Analyst by the end of October.
Two Policies Open for Conusultation
Consultation is open this month for two policies:
Travel - General
Information Technology Project Approval (formerly titled Computer Systems Development Approval)
For more information go to Status of Policy Development.