HIV/AIDS Research Initiative Newsletter - September 2013
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty and/or students within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadlines for Comprehensive Review for these competitions are: noon, 10 working days before the sponsor deadlines.
- Office of Research Services internal deadlines for Institutional Review for these competitions iare: noon, 3 working days before the sponsor deadlines.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition(s).
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, email@example.com, 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Karen Follett, firstname.lastname@example.org, 709-864-8252.
Contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Tasha Harrold, email@example.com , 709-864-4745.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at http://www.mun.ca/research/funding/grants/institutional-review.php.
Le français suit l'anglais
New HIV/AIDS & other Funding Opportunities
- Centres for HIV/AIDS Research (CIHR Centres for HIV/AIDS Population Health and Health Services Research)
Registration Deadline: 2013-11-25
Application Deadline: 2013-12-09
Application Notice of Decision: 2014-05-01
Funding begins: 2014-06-01
- Operating Grant: HIV/AIDS Community-Based Research (2013-2014)
Application Deadline: 2013-11-18
Application Notice of Decision: 2014-04-15
Funding begins: 2014-04-01
- CIHR Clinical Trials Network in HIV/AIDS
Application Deadline: 2013-10-15
Application Notice of Decision: 2014-02-01
Funding begins: 2014-04-01
- Travel Awards - Institute Community Support (Fall 2013 Competition)
Application Deadline: 2013-09-23
Application Notice of Decision: 2013-12-13
Funding begins: 2014-01-01
- Chair: Applied Public Health
Competition 201310LCP (Phase 1: Letter of Intent)
Application Deadline: 2013-09-11
Anticipated Notice of Decision: 2014-01-15
Competition 201405CPP (Phase 2: Application)
Application Deadline: 2014-05-01
Anticipated Notice of Decision: 2014-09-15
Funding Start Date: 2014-10-01
- Creative and Novel Ideas in HIV Research (CNIHR)
The Creative and Novel Ideas in HIV Research (CNIHR) grant program is currently accepting applications for its latest round of funding. The CNIHR program is a joint initiative of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the NIH-funded Centers for AIDS Research (CFAR), and the International AIDS Society (IAS).
Reminder: Previously Launched HIV/AIDS Funding Opportunities
- Operating Grant : Population Health Intervention Research (Fall 2013 Competition)
- Dissemination Events: Fall 2013 Priority Announcement (Specific Research Areas)
- Planning Grants: Fall 2013 Priority Announcement (Specific Research Areas)
- Doctoral Research Award: Fall 2013 Priority Announcement (Specific Research Areas)
- Fellowship: Fall 2013 Priority Announcement (Specific Research Areas)
News from CIHR
Planning and Dissemination Programs
Please note that the Planning Grant and Dissemination Events program will no longer be offered after the Fall 2013 competition. CIHR recognizes the importance of planning and dissemination activities and will continue to support them through the Institute Community Support (ICS) Program. The new planning and dissemination program under the ICS model is proposed to launch twice a year with application intakes in February and August. The first launch is planned for December 2013 with an application deadline in February 2014. Read more
CIHR Reforms: Foundation Scheme "Live Pilot" Competition Eligibility Criteria
As part of our commitment to keeping the research community informed throughout the implementation of the new Open Suite of Programs and peer review processes, CIHR is pleased to announce that the eligibility criteria for the two Foundation Scheme "live pilot" competitions were recently approved by Science Council. Please visit the Reforms section of CIHR's website to find further information on the eligibility criteria as well as a set of questions and answers.
Meetings of Interest to the Community
Wise Practices IV Community Based Research Gathering: Wise Practices IV Aboriginal Community-based Research Gathering "The Role of Research in Getting to Zero". The APHA Gathering is Sept 24, 2013 and the Conference dates are September 25-27, 2013. For further information about this workshop please visit the Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network website. (http://www.caan.ca/wise-parctices-iv-community-based-research-gathering-september-2014/)
OHTN 2013 Research Conference
The theme of the 2013 OHTN Research Conference is Changing the Course of the HIV Prevention, Engagement and Treatment Cascade. Of the 26,628 Ontarians living with HIV, three out of four people are not receiving the care that they need. What are the gaps in the current process, and how can we address them to provide better prevention and treatment? What are the best ways to achieve the global goal of an "AIDS-free world"? For further information about this workshop please visit the Ontario HIV Treatment Network website. (http://www.ohtn.on.ca/conference/index.php)
If you have questions or would like to share your feedback, please don't hesitate to contact the CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative staff: HIVAIDS-VIHSIDA@cihr-irsc.gc.ca