MEOPAR Open Call for Proposals 2013-2016
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty and/or students within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Comprehensive Review for this competition is: noon, Tuesday February 5th, 10 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for mandatory Institutional Review for this competition is: noon, Thursday February 14th, 3 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator/Manager -Grants at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Jessica McLachlan, email@example.com , 709-864-3805.
Interim contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Debbie Barnes, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-4076.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
THE MEOPAR NETWORK of CENTRES OF EXCELLENCE
First Open Call for Proposals (2013-2016)
Project Areas and Topics: A list of suggested topics for projects to be funded under the Open Calls was included in the MEOPAR proposal. For this first Open Call, the following topics are judged to be of particular relevance and timeliness:
- Marine Dispersion and Response to Emergencies
- Consequences of Ocean Acidification and Climate Change for Regional Ecosystems, Marine Resources and their Management
- Seasonal Prediction and Living Resource Management
- Community-Based Investigation of Global Change Impacts on the Marine Environment
These are, however, only suggested topic areas and additional topic areas that address MEOPAR’s vision and strategic objectives can be proposed. Any proposed project must address clearly the strategic objectives of MEOPAR’s first funding cycle (see www.meopar.ca).
Researchers and organizations that intend to apply for MEOPAR funding must meet the general eligibility conditions of one of the three granting councils, NSERC, SSHRC and the CIHR.
Investigators that intend to receive NCE funding are limited to involvement on a maximum of two Letters of Intent. In order to ensure independence at the review stage, members of MEOPAR’s Research Management Committee are not eligible to receive funding from this Open Call.
Procedure: Applicants considering submission of a project application should first consult MEOPAR’s Strategic Plan and current Research Plan, both of which are available online at www.meopar.ca.
Applicants must first submit a short Letter of Intent. Letters of Intent must be received by email (in PDF format) by 0700h Atlantic Standard Time on Tuesday, 19th February, 2013. Please email to: email@example.com with “MEOPAR LOI” in the subject line.
Letters of Intent will be reviewed and assessed by MEOPAR’s Research Management Committee (RMC). Evaluation of the Letters of Intent and recommendations for the solicitation of full proposals will be forwarded to MEOPAR’s Board of Directors and final solicitation of full proposals will take place in early March 2013.
For further information on the Call, and for details on the LOI requirements, please refer to the attached document. Questions can be directed to:
Dr. Mary-Lynn Dickson
Interim Network Manager, MEOPAR