New Grant opportunity at Shastri - Policy Reserach Grant (PRG)
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Comprehensive Review for this competition is: noon, September 13th.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Institutional Review for this competition is: noon, September 24th.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Reivew, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Further details are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a "Call for Applications "for conducting research on policy issues, namely: Policy Research Grant (PRG) projects.
The purpose of PRG projects will aim at assisting public sector executives involved in foreign policy to bridge information gaps in making informed decisions about Canada's foreign policies concerning India in the areas of Higher Education Cooperation (Undergraduate to post doctoral level including vocational education) and Trade Expansion and Economic Growth. Therefore, the proposed PRG research topics will concentrate on key issues related to the following two comprehensive areas and will come up with very practical and doable recommendations to overcome some of the key existing blocks in each of the following:
- Intensifying co-operations in higher education between India-Canada;
- Expansion and development of trades and economic growth between India-Canada.
The eligible applicants would be academics from Canadian universities with experience in policy research studies and/or individual researchers engaged in policy research work (related to higher education and economic development) in research organizations/not-for-profit organizations in Canada. While solo applicants (from Canadian intuitions) are qualified to apply for this research grant, the Institute strongly encourages partnership between bi-national research teams in Canada and India (Canadian applicant being the lead), and/or partnership between more than one researchers from different institutions in Canada. In case of partnerships (i.e. bi-national or within Canadian institutions), the PRG grant will be disbursed to the lead applicant, who will be accountable to the Shastri Institute for fulfilling the project requirements.
Value: CAD$ 7,000-$10,000/per project.
Number of Awards: 4-5 (minimum 2 projects in each category)
- Solo applicants from Canadian Institutions are qualified to apply for this grant.
- Partnerships between bi-national institutions (Canadian and Indian universities, research organizations, non-profit organizations) are strongly preferred. In case of bi-national partnership, the lead applicant would be from Canadian institution.
- Partnerships between Canadian institutions are also entitled.
- Additional academic or researchers may be involved in the PRG project but do not qualify as co-applicants;
- Proposed PRG projects must focus on a relevant and contemporary policy issue on Higher Education cooperation and Trade and Economic relations development between India and Canada;
- Proposed PRG projects partners must demonstrate a track record of conducting policy research projects in the past. Previous experience in policy research works related to higher education and economic growth will get preference.
- The proposed PRG projects must have a concrete plan to derive the project findings within the project period and will have potentials to contribute to the knowledge of the foreign policy makers, researchers, students of relevant fields in Canada.
27 September 2012
- Applications must be received by the Institute's Calgary office by 4:30 pm (MST).
- Applications should be submitted by email.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The name of the successful applicants will be notified through Shastri Institute's website (http://www.sici.org/home/) by mid-October, 2012.
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit this link: http://www.sici.org/home/
For further details, please contact:
Shastri Indo-Canadian Insitute
1402 Education Tower
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary AB T2N 1N4