Creative and Novel Ideas in HIV Research-Cure- Concept Proposals due October 17th
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty and/or students within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadlines for Comprehensive Review for these competitions are: noon, 10 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Institutional Review for these competitions are: noon, 3 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, Marine Institute is Jessica McLachlan, email@example.com , 709-864-3805.
Contact for Faculties of Science, Business Administration, and Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Jillian Westcott, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-4745.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
The Special Round Toward an HIV Cure of the research grant programme Creative and Novel Ideas in HIV Research (CNIHR) invites early-stage scientists without prior experience in HIV cure research to submit innovative proposals to accelerate the search for an HIV cure. The research grant programme CNIHR was established by the International AIDS Society (IAS) with the support of the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the Centers for AIDS Research (CFAR).
The Request for Proposals is now available on the CNIHR website. Proposals for research projects with the potential to contribute to the search for an HIV cure can be submitted by 17 October 2012. Ten to twelve research grants worth up to US$ 150,000 per year, for direct research costs plus applicable indirect costs, for one to two years will be awarded at the 7th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2013) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from 30 June to 3 July 2013.
Early-stage investigators, who have completed their terminal research degree (e.g., PhD, DVM, MMed + research training) within the past 10 years and who have a faculty position at an academic institution or a comparable position at a research institution, are eligible to apply. Applicants must have not yet been engaged in research toward an HIV cure (as defined by any previous grant, contract, sub-award or publication in HIV cure research). Research topics could include any aspect of science relating to research towards an HIV cure. Projects may not include prospective human interventional trials (e.g. clinical trials of new drugs, treatments, or devices; or off-label use of a licensed drug). Studies of animal models, stored samples from existing cohorts, small pathogenesis studies or in vitro trials are acceptable.
In an effort to broaden the scope of the programme and to reach out to international applicants we are asking for your assistance in circulating this information to your networks. With your help, we can reach a maximum number of scientists with the potential to contribute to the complex search for an HIV cure. We would like to request your help in the following ways:
- Please disseminate this message and the enclosed flyer within your professional networks (e.g. newsletters, website).
- Please inform eligible candidates of the CNIHR grant programme.