Shastri Grants and Opportunities
Forwarded on behalf of the Grants Coordinators, Office of Research Services. Please forward to interested faculty and/or students within your unit and post.
To interested researchers, please note:
- Office of Research Services internal deadlines for Comprehensive Review for these competitions are: noon, 10 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- Office of Research Services internal deadline for Institutional Review for these competitions are: noon, 3 working days before the sponsor deadline.
- When submitting an application for Institutional Review, be sure to include the appropriate Approval Form from your Department/Faculty with the application.
- Please notify a Grants Coordinator at the Office of Research Services of your intent to apply to the upcoming competition.
Contact for Faculty of Medicine, Schools of Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, HKR, and Grenfell Campus is Vicki Gill, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-3045.
Contact for Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Engineering, and Marine Institute is Jessica McLachlan, email@example.com , 709-864-3805.
Contact for Faculty of Science, Business Administration, Education, School of Music, and the Labrador Institute is Jillian Westcott, firstname.lastname@example.org , 709-864-4745.
Further details on processes for institutional review and approval are available at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is very pleased to inform you that the following grant competitions are still accepting applications:
Collaborative/Research Grants – For Faculty and Shastri members Institutions
- Policy Research Grant 2012-13: Deadline Oct. 30
- Institutional Research Collaboration Development Grant 2012-2013: Deadline October 30
Grants and Awards for Canadian and Indian Students
- Internship Project for Indian Students 2012-13: Deadline Oct. 25
- Youth International Internship Program 2012-13: Deadline Oct. 30
- Lester Pearson Award for ‘Best Paper’ And ‘Best Doctoral Dissertation’ of the Year: Deadline Nov.1
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Student Prize 2012-13: Deadline Nov. 30
- Shastri Lester Pearson Memorial Lecture 2012-13: Deadline Nov. 1
- Kanta Marwah Lecture Series 2012-13: Deadline Nov. 15
Grants and Awards for Canadian and Indian Member Institutions
- Indian Membership Development Fund 2012-13: Deadline Nov.15
- Canadian Membership Development Fund 2012-13: Deadline Dec. 15
Please be advised that the link to all the programs currently accepting applications are also available on the Shastri’s website home page. To view this page, please go to http://www.sici.org/home/. We encourage you to visit the home page regularly to view more program openings.
We would appreciate it if you could disseminate this information within your institution. If you have queries regarding a particular program, please contact the Program Officer in charge of the program. Contact information of the Program Officer is available in each program description.