Update on HSMS Chemical Safety Project
Below is an update on the customization and implementation of the HSMS Chemical Safety Project. If you have any questions related to this project, please contact either of the HSMS Project team members listed below.
Update on the HSMS - Chemical Safety Project:
- Electronic Chemical Inventory Configuration (3E)
- Campus Wide inventory assessment (WHMIS controlled products) was completed October/November 2013.
- Work continues with the vendor to finalize the required electronic data from the inventory assessment.
- Chemical Inventory Maintenance Documents
- A request to submit the electronic chemical inventory maintenance documents that labs were asked to maintain once the assessment team left, will be sent when the initial chemical inventory data has been configured in the system.
- Software System Modifications (On Site Systems)
- The last few items required for the Chemical Safety Module are nearing completion.
- Work continues with the vendor to complete the required changes for implementing the Storefront component of the system.
- Requisition functionality may not be ready for the initial system implementation.
- Implementation Schedule
- Tentative dates identified below based on anticipated system readiness and will be confirmed or adjusted a.s.a.p.
- On Site Systems to conduct Chemical Safety Module Training - week of June 16th
- System acceptance testing - week of June 23rd
- System Go Live Date July 7th
- Faculty of Science – Stores Ordering
- Consolidation of Life Science Stores and Physical Science Stores is not expected to be complete for the targeted Chemical Safety System go live date
- As a result Electronic Stores Ordering system is being planned to begin with the Physical Science Stores and will be made available to Life Science Stores customers upon consolidation in the Chemistry/Physics Building
HSMS Project Team
Barb Battcock, Associate Director, Department of Health and Safety
Dion Bennett, Supply Chain Manager, Faculty of Science
Bill Downey, Project Manager, Computing and Communications
Kendra Whelan, Health and Safety advisor (Laboratory), Department of Health and Safety