Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships
Graduate students are encouraged to investigate scholarships and fellowships for graduate studies.
Here are some awards that graduate students in physics or physical oceanography may be eligible for:
- NSERC masters scholarships (Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Masters Program)
- NSERC doctoral scholarships (Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Doctoral Program and NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships-Doctoral Progam
- Vanier doctoral scholarships (Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship)
Receipents of NSERC graduate scholarships also receive the Dean’s Excellence Award, valued at $5,000 per year for the duration of the scholarship.
- A G Hatcher Memorial Scholarship
- J. Bruce and Helen H. French Graduate Scholarship in Physics
- Gordon Mertz Memorial Fellowship in Physical Oceanography
Collaborative Research Awards
- Mitacs Globalink funding for collaborative international research in India, France, and Tunisia.