Minor in Philosophy
The minor in Philosophy consists of a minimum of 24 credit hours in courses which must be chosen in accordance with the following requirements: (see also notes below)
- Philosophy 1200
- Philosophy 2000 (Introduction to Metaphysics) or 2210 (Logic) or 2220 (Introduction to Epistemology)
- Philosophy 2230 (Moral Philosophy) or 3400 (Political Philosophy)
- Philosophy 2701 (History of Ancient Philosophy) or 2702 (History of Modern Philosophy)
- 3 credit hours from Philosophy 3110 to 3950 (excluding Philosophy 3400 if previously completed to fulfill the requirements in 3 above).
- An additional 6 credit hours in Philosophy courses at the 3000-level or higher
- 3 credit hours from 4000-level courses
- For the most recent version of the Minor requirements students should check the Philosophy section of the University Calendar. The following link will take you there: Program information, course requirements, and course descriptions in the University Calendar
- Students declaring a Minor in Philosophy may choose to have a program advisor by mutual agreement with a member of the Philosophy Department.
Regulations updated June 2011