The CAPSI/Pfizer Guy Genest Passion for Pharmacy Award
The Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns, in partnership with Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, are proud to present the CAPSI/Pfizer Guy Genest Passion for Pharmacy Award.
This award is in honour of Mr. Guy Genest, an incredibly enthusiastic and passionate individual, whose unwavering support of Pharmacy students and interprofessional healthcare practices has solidified his stature as one of the greatest friends that Canadian Pharmacy students have ever had.
This award is intended to recognize one individual from each Faculty/School of Pharmacy in Canada for their notable passion for, and dedication to, the profession of Pharmacy.
This "Passion for the Profession" can be displayed in any number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- engagement in professional pharmacy related activities (ie. PDW, PAW etc.);
- active involvement in professional organizations;
- initiatives to advance the profession of pharmacy (ie. interprofessional work at promoting/increasing awareness of the role of pharmacists as an important member of the health care team);
- organization/participation in community/university outreach efforts;
- volunteer experiences within pharmacy or other related settings;
- exceptional research involvement
These are only examples of what may constitute passion for the profession and are by no means intended to be an all inclusive list. Any other activities or characteristics that you believe may exhibit dedication to, and passion for, the profession of pharmacy will be duly considered.
The award consists of $750 and a reserved space to PDW where the individual will have the opportunity to meet other recipients from across the country and be officially recognized at the Awards Ceremony.
Previous Award Recipients
- 2012 - Nicole Goode
- 2011 - Amanda Teti
- 2010 - Meghan Wall
- 2009 - Jennifer Goulding