The CAPSI/Pfizer Guy Genest Passion for Pharmacy Award
The Canadian Association of Pharmacy Students and Interns, in partnership with Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, are proud to present the CAPSI/Pfizer Guy Genest Passion for Pharmacy Award.
This award is in honour of Mr. Guy Genest, an incredibly enthusiastic and passionate individual, whose unwavering support of Pharmacy students and interprofessional healthcare practices has solidified his stature as one of the greatest friends that Canadian Pharmacy students have ever had.
This award is intended to recognize one individual from each Faculty/School of Pharmacy in Canada for their notable passion for, and dedication to, the profession of Pharmacy.
Eligible applicants: Pharmacy students in any academic year.
Award: Prize is valued at a portion of the income from the endowment.
Note: Attendance at PDW is encouraged but not mandatory or compensated (space should be reserved for the winner as it is for other competition winners).
Description of Award: The student must be in good academic standing and possess a passion for the profession of pharmacy which may be demonstrated in any number of ways, including but not restricted to:
- engagement in professional pharmacy related activities (e.g. PAM, PDW etc.)
- active involvement in professional organizations
- initiatives to advance the profession of pharmacy (e.g. promoting/increasing awareness of the role of pharmacists)
- organization/participation in community/university outreach efforts
- volunteer experiences within the School or other pharmacy related settings
- engagement in research activities
- any other activities that exhibit dedication to, and passion for, the profession of pharmacy
Application Process: The student(s) applying for the award must submit the following to the Awards Committee:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter outlining why you feel you are deserving of the award
- 2 Letters of reference (can be from peers, co-workers, educators, employers, etc)
Selection: A selection committee will be composed of members of the School of Pharmacy’s Awards Committee.
Deadline: October 18, 2013
Submit Application to:
Ms. Heather Bugler
School of Pharmacy
300 Prince Philip Drive St. John’s, NL A1B 3V6
Previous Award Recipients
- 2013 - Deidre Clarke
- 2012 - Nicole Goode
- 2011 - Amanda Teti
- 2010 - Meghan Wall
- 2009 - Jennifer Goulding