Dr. JM Gamble
- Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- Doctor of Philosophy, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 2012
- Masters of Science, School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 2008
- Bachelor of Science, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 2005
- Bachelor of Science, Faculty of Science, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, 2001
- Clinical epidemiology
- Pharmaceutical Policy
- Health Outcomes
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- If you are a prospective trainee, please email a copy of your curriculum vitae, a short paragraph that summarizes your research interests and professional goals, a copy of all university transcripts, and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Gamble.
- Prospective graduate trainees must meet the minimum admission requirements of the university. In addition, individuals must demonstrate strong writing skills, have previous research experience or a background in a health-related field, and have supportive references. A health professional degree is an asset but not required.
- Please be aware that openings for trainees are dependent on several factors including the current number of trainees, current available funding, research interests of the trainee, and qualifications of the prospective trainee.
- Pharmacy 4502 - Research and Evaluation III
- (PubMed Articles) Gamble JM, McAlister FA, Johnson JA, Eurich DT. Restrictive Drug Coverage Policies Can Induce Substantial Drug Exposure Misclassification In Pharmacoepidemiologic Studies. Clin Ther 2012;34:1379-1386. DOI: 10.1016/j.clinthera.2012.04.009
- Gamble JM, Hoang H, Eurich DT, Jindal KK, Senior PA. Patient Level Evaluation of Community-Based, Multifactorial Intervention to Prevent Diabetic Nephropathy. J Prim Care Community Health 2012;3:111-119. DOI: 10.1177/2150131911417718
- Gamble JM, McAlister FA, Johnson JA, Eurich DT. Quantifying the Impact of Drug Exposure Misclassification Due to Restrictive Drug Coverage in Administrative Databases: A Simulation Cohort Study. Value Health 2012;15:191-197. DOI: 10.1016/j.va.2011.08.005
- Gamble JM, Weir DL, Johnson JA, Eurich DT. Analysis of Drug Coverage Before and After the Introduction of Canada’s Common Drug Review. CMAJ 2011;183:E1259-E1266. DOI: 10.1503/cmaj.110670
- Gamble JM, Eurich DT, Ezekowitz JA, Kaul P, Quan H, McAlister FA. Patterns of Care and Outcomes Differ for Urban Versus Rural Patients With Newly Diagnosed Heart Failure, Even in a Universal Healthcare System. Circulation: Heart Failure 2011;4:317-323. DOI: 10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.110.959262
- Gamble JM, Majumdar, SR. ACP Journal Club: Review: Statin use increases risk for diabetes. Ann Intern Med 2010;152: JC6-7. http://www.annals.org/content/152/12/JC6-7.full.pdf+html
- Gamble JM, Eurich DT, Marrie TJ, Majumdar SR. Admission Hypoglycemia and Increased Mortality in Patients Hospitalized with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Am J Med 2010;123:556.e11-556.e16. DOI: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2009.11.021
- Gamble JM, Simpson SH, Eurich DT, Majumdar SR, Johnson JA. Insulin Use and Increased Risk of Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: a cohort study. Diabetes Obes Metab 2010;12:47-53. DOI: 10.1111/j.1463-1326.2009.01125.x