Smoking Cessation Program
**Please Note: Due to overwhleming demand this program is currently at capacity. New referrals will be placed on a waitlist. Wait time is unpredictable but is estimated at 6-12 months. Please contact us at 777-7274 for futher details**
The Smoking Cessation program is a pharmacist-led clinic that offers smoking cessation services including medication and counseling for individuals who wish to make a quit attempt.
The provided service can be tailored to suit individual client needs but typically involves:
One or two pre-quit visits in which we:
• Collect information about smoking history including previous quit attempts and other health conditions/treatments
• Work with the client to identify smoking triggers and develop strategies to manage them
• Provide education on behavioural therapies/strategies to manage cravings and other signs of nicotine withdrawal
• Assess nicotine dependence
• Provide education on the available cessation medications
• Develop a comprehensive quit plan which may include counseling, medication or a combination of both.
A number of post-quit visits in which we:
• Assess and support abstinence
• Ensure proper cessation medication use and assess its efficacy and tolerability
• Identify and help manage lapses
For those interested in making a change in their tobacco use, but not ready to set a quit date, assistance with other strategies such as practice quit attempts and reduce-to-quit initiatives can be offered.
Referrals are accepted over the phone by calling 777-7274 or faxing the REFERRAL FORM to 777-7005. We cannot accept referral forms via email.