Medication Therapy Services Clinic
The Medication Therapy Services (MTS) Clinic at Memorial University is a novel “Pharmacist Clinic” where primary care providers can refer their patients for comprehensive medication therapy assessment and receive recommendations to optimize patients’ medication therapy. Patients are seen on an appointment-only basis, in a private clinic setting to receive their consultation with one of our highly specialized clinic pharmacists.
We practice a highly collaborative approach with family physicians, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals within the patient's circle of care. Our primary focus is our patients' wellbeing.
Unique to Newfoundland and Labrador, the MTS Clinic offers a variety of pharmacist-delivered services with a commitment to assessment and evaluation. Every patient who receives care through our clinic will be followed to ensure outcomes are achieved. Every program and service we deliver will be evaluated to assess effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
We are committed to providing:
• Excellence in Patient Care – Clinic-based patient services and client-focused pharmacist consultation services for individuals or groups (e.g. flu shot clinics, cardiovascular risk screening clinics, etc.)
• Quality Experiential Learning - A high quality educational experience in an innovative pharmacy practice setting for pharmacy students and practicing pharmacists
• Research and Evaluation – The MTS Clinic will be a research incubation centre for assessing the value proposition of pharmacy services and expanded scope of practice
In our clinic, we offer one-on-one pharmacist consultations* for patients with complex medication-related needs. Physicians may refer patients to receive:
• Comprehensive medication therapy assessments
• Suggestions to improve the management of chronic medical conditions
• Options to simplify complex medication regimens
• Adverse effect and drug interaction management
• Medication adherence supports and education
In addition, we offer a variety of specialty services including a comprehensive smoking cessation program, consultative services for medication tapering, injection services, and others. If you have need for a pharmacist service that is not listed, feel free to contact us to see if we can be of help.
*Patients must be referred by their primary care provider. As we are a teaching site, please note that services may be delivered by a pharmacy student in training under direct supervision of our licensed clinic pharmacist. Services are provided at no cost to the patient or referring provider. Please note that we do NOT offer dispensing services.