Due to inclement weather the I MUNdays Fill the Square event scheduled for the Paton College square has been moved inside to the Billy Miller Common Room located on level 2 of Corte Real.
Burtons Pond Apartments - Building "B" http://www.mun.ca/campus_map/stjohns/
All donations can be delivered to this location where volunteers will be on hand to help with the collection.
The annual Fill-the-Square event will be taking place on Friday, Oct. 18th. Help us Fill-the-Square by dropping contributions to Hatcher House anytime before 3 pm!
KINDNESS FRIDAY is being celebrated in many ways. The entire university is encouraged to contribute to the Food Bank and Coats for Kids and Fill-the-Square by bringing in non-perishable food items and cold-weather clothes. Dig deep and clean out pantries and closets for a big collection of non-perishable food items and winter wear - all benefiting the Campus Food Bank, Community Food Sharing Association, and the Coats for Kids Campaign. Drop by the Campus Food Bank (Corte Real, across from the Child Care Centre) or Hatcher House Square (along Livyer’s Loop) and volunteers will help with the collection.
The following list includes the items that we can always use. However, any non-perishable item is always gratefully accepted.
- bags of white flour;
- bags of sugar;
- bottles of cooking oil (corn, sunflower, or canola; not peanut, and preferably 946 ml, please);
- packages of elbow macaroni or spaghetti;
- cans of any kind of chunky soup;
- cans of vegetable or chicken noodle soup;
- cans of fruit (not individual size);
- 1 litre containers of orange or apple juice;
- cans of milk (whole milk preferred);
- individual juice boxes (no kiwi please);
- cans of whole kernel corn, preferably 341ml;
- cans of protein: tuna, chicken, turkey or ham;
- cans of peas
Suggestions for winter wear for Coats for Kids campaign:
- Snow Pants
- Skidoo Suits