Curtis House Reunion
DateFriday, Sep 22, 2017 12:00AM - Sunday, Sep 24, 2017 10:00PM
1967 - 1971 Curtis House Alumni
By now you likely have heard we are holding a reunion of the women who stayed in Curtis House in the early years. Can you believe it’s been 50 years since Curtis House first brought together young women from around the province and world? So many friendships formed and memories made – so many reasons to celebrate this milestone!
We are inviting all those who stayed in Curtis House anytime from September 1967 to December 1971 to join in a reunion weekend.
This will be held in St. John’s from September 22 to 24, 2017. We’ll hold four events to help the Curtis Cuties renew friendships and share memories – all while having a bit of fun. Partners/guests are welcome to two of the events (Spirit of Newfoundland and Sunday brunch). Here is what you will experience:
Friday, September 22, 2017 - Friday Night Reunion Mixer
- Overview: This will be our first chance to meet and mingle, and walk down memory lane through the photos and memorabilia we are collecting (please send any that you have on hand!). Hot and Cold hors d’oeuvres served and cash bar. Ticket cost covers the reception and other reunion expenses. Funds not used will be donated to the MUN Scholarship Fund.
- Cost: $45 plus cash bar (for residents only)
- Location: R. Gushue Hall, Junior Common Room, Memorial University, St. John's
- Time: 6pm - 9pm
Saturday, September 23, 2017 - Curtis House Tour and Hootenanny
- Overview: This is an opportunity to relive our days in Curtis, see how it looks now, meet some current residents, all starting with a singsong like we used to hold in the main floor lounge (the old piano is still there!).
- Cost: Free (for residents only)
- Location: Curtis House, Main Lobby, Memorial University, St. John's
- Time: 2pm - 4pm
Saturday, September 23, 2017 - Spirit of Newfoundland Dinner and Show
- UPDATE: If you are looking for tickets to this activity, you will need to contact the venue directly to see if there are any tickets remaining. You can do so at 709-579-3023 or email@example.com
- Overview: Tables will be reserved for our reunion group (partners/guests are welcome). Details on the performance and menu will follow later. The bar opens at 6pm, dinner served 7pm, show from 8pm-10:30pm. The menu will likely be salad, entrée choice of pork tenderloin or cod, screech cake dessert. Cash bar. There is no need to pre-order meals, but please let us know on the registration form if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Cost: $85 plus cash bar
- Location: Masonic Temple, 6 Cathedral St., St. John's, NL
- Time: 6pm - 10:30pm
Sunday, September 24, 2017 - Brunch at old Dining Hall
- Overview: This is the regular Sunday brunch buffet served to students. This will be an opportunity to relive this important part of daily residence life before we conclude our time together. Partners/guests are welcome. You pay at the brunch.
- Cost: $14 plus HST (pay at venue)
- Location: R. Gushue Hall, Memorial University, St. John's
- Time: 11am - 1pm
For those coming from out of town, there are rooms available at Hatcher House at a cost of $71 (single) and $86 (double), taxes included. It is a shared washroom and shower with linens provided but no housekeeping during stay. A few parking permits are available at $5 per night. Here is the booking link: https://hotels.cloudbeds.com/reservation/dv0LN4#promo=HATCHER&checkin=2017-09-22&checkout=2017-09-24
Oh...one more thing! We can certainly use your help in spreading the word as we don't have contact information for everyone as people move, buy houses, change jobs, retire, change names, etc... We want the message to reach all our alumni and friends!
Who's Already Registered: Click here to view a PDF of who is already registered. Please note, this may not be a complete list as not everyone provided permission to display their name online.
Friday Night Reunion Mixer - $45 | Saturday Curtis House Tour - Free| Saturday Dinner and Show - $85 | Sunday Brunch - $14 plus HST (Pay at venue)
Refunds will be provided for the Friday Night Reunion Mixer up to September 15, 2017 and for Spirit of Newfoundland Dinner and Show up to August 22, 2017.
Linda Harnett | 709-753-8488 | firstname.lastname@example.org