THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
Are you a current student or a returning student in the Fall and an aspiring comedian? Here is your chance to take the stage as an opening act for comedian Trent McClellan.
Share your talent with us! The winner will be the opening act for the One Night At MUN With Comedian Trent McClellan show on Saturday, September 9, 2017.
- Submit or provide a link to a 2 minute video.
- The contest is opened for entries from Tuesday, July 11, 2017 to Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
- The winner will be announced on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
Rules and Regulations
The “One Night at MUN with Comedian Trent McClellan” comedy show contest is open to registered students of all MUN campuses who physically reside in Newfoundland and Labrador. To enter, create a 2-minute video showcasing your comedic talents and complete the online entry form. To submit your video, you can provide an online link to it (e.g. Dropbox, Google, Youtube, etc...) in the entry form or place it on a USB stick and drop it off at Office of Alumni Affairs, 20 Lambe's Lane (road between Aquarena and St. Augustine's Church).
The contest opens for submissions on Monday, July 17. Submissions must be received by Tuesday, August 29. The winner will be announced on Thursday, August, 31, 2017.
For questions and inquiries please send an email to email@example.com.
- An opportunity to do a 5 minute comedy act to open the show “One Night at MUN with Trent McClellan” on Saturday, September 9; and
- A $500 Mastercard gift card; and
- 6 complimentary tickets to the show.
The following conduct is deemed inappropriate and will result in an automatic disqualification (of all parties involved) from the contest:
- Engaging in alcohol or drug abuse.
- Acts of nudity.
- Using or possessing firearms, explosive devices, other weapons and/or dangerous chemicals.
- Engaging in comments or conduct that should be reasonably believed as inappropriate and unwelcome, and is directed at one or more specific individuals. Basis of comments includes, but is not limited to, topics of: race, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, disability or family status.
- Expression of language that is reasonably believed to be profane or offensive.
- Engaging in sexually suggestive acts.
- Assaulting another person. This includes damage to a person’s belongings, endangering the health or safety of another person, physical assault of any kind, as well as sexual assault of any kind.
- Defacing or causing damage to any property, be it public or private.
- Engaging in any act known to be a violation of the law.
- Copy written images of which the rights are not owned by the submitting party.
- Any other violation of the Code of Student Conduct. This can be viewed at: http://www.mun.ca/student/home/conduct.php.
- Submission by an individual who is not currently registered as a student at a Memorial University campus.
Terms and Conditions
By sharing your video with us you agree that you own the rights to the video. When you submit the video you are granting Memorial University the nonexclusive, transferable, perpetual right and license to use your video on Memorial University’s social media sites, Memorial websites, Memorial printed marketing materials and other promotional vehicles. Anyone under the age of 18 featured in a video is required to submit a name and email address of their parent or guardian allowing Memorial University to obtain written permission to use the video in print, video and/or online marketing.