Please Enter a Search Term
University Research Professor
M.Sc., PhD Western Ontario
Phone: (709) 864-8731
Fax: (709) 864-3010
- 1991 Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute
- 2004 University Research Professor
- 2004 International Institute of Forecasters and SAS Research award
- 2006 Who's who Canadian
- 2006 Fellow of the American Statistical Association
- 2007 Distinguished service award of the Statistical Society of Canada
Books/Articles/ Journal issues
Selected Research Contributions
- Demonstrated that the so-called GEEs (generalized estimating equations) based regression estimates can be inefficient than simpler estimates [Sutradhar and Das (1999, Biometrika)].
- Introduced GQL (generalized quasi-likelihood) estimation approach for longitudinal data [Sutradhar (2003, Statistical Science)] as a generalization of the QL approach for independent data.
- Introduced GQL inferences in GLMMs (generalized linear mixed models) [Sutradhar (2004, Sankhya B)].
- Demonstrated that the GQL is a superior estimation approach than the so-called GMMs (generalized method of moments) estimation [Sutradhar, Rao and Pandit (2008, Sankhya B)] for panel data.
- Introduced FSMQL (fully standardized Mallow's type QL) approach for consistent regression estimation in GLMs with outliers [Bari and Sutradhar (2010, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics)].
- Demonstrated that the conditional inverse weights based GEE approach produces inconsistent estimates for GLLMs (generalized linear longitudinal models) subject to missing values [Sutradhar and Mallick (2010, Canadian Journal of Statistics)].
- Introduced GLLMMs [Sutradhar (2010, Canadian Journal of Statistics)].
Other Research Interests
Multivariate Analysis; Time Series Analysis; Sampling; Correlated Failure Time Data Analysis; Spatial-Temporal Data Analysis;Wavelets in Statistics.
Selected Professional Services
General Chair (ISS 2009, ISS 2012); Local arrangements Chair for SSC annual meetings (SSC 1990, SSC 2007); Member of NSERC grants selection committee (1992, 1997-2000); Program Chair for the Annual Meeting of Statistical Society of Canada (SSC 1997); Associate Editor of Canadian Journal of Statistics (1995-1997, 2004-2006); Program Secretary of Statistical Society of Canada (2002-2005); Member of Statistics Canada Advisory Committee on Statistical Methods (2001-2003); Associate Editor of Journal of Environmental and Ecological Statistics (2004-08).
All areas of Theoretical and Applied Statistics.