University Research Professor
M.Sc., PhD Western Ontario
Phone: (709) 864-8731
Fax: (709) 864-3010
- 1991 Elected Member of the International Statistical Institute
- 2004 University Research Professor
- 2004 International Institute of Forecasters and SAS Research award
- 2006 Who's who Canadian
- 2006 Fellow of the American Statistical Association
- 2007 Distinguished service award of the Statistical Society of Canada
- Longitudinal Categorical Data Analysis (Springer Series in Statistics, October, 2014)
- Dynamic Mixed Models for Familial Longitudinal Data (Springer Series in Statistics, February, 2011)
- GQL Inference (In Encyclopedia sponsored by 10 statistics societies, Springer)
- Multivariate t-Distribution (In Encyclopedia of Statistical Sciences, John Wiley)
- Inferences in GLLMMs (Edited the special issue of the Canadian Journal of Statistics, 2010, June issue, John Wiley)
- Edited Springer Lecture Notes in Statistics, Volume 211, on Longitudinal Data Analysis
Selected Research Contributions
- Demonstrated that the so-called GEEs (generalized estimating equations) based regression estimates can be inefficient than simpler estimates [Sutradhar and Das (1999, Biometrika)].
- Introduced GQL (generalized quasi-likelihood) estimation approach for longitudinal data [Sutradhar (2003, Statistical Science)] as a generalization of the QL approach for independent data.
- Introduced GQL inferences in GLMMs (generalized linear mixed models) [Sutradhar (2004, Sankhya B)].
- Demonstrated that the GQL is a superior estimation approach than the so-called GMMs (generalized method of moments) estimation [Sutradhar, Rao and Pandit (2008, Sankhya B)] for panel data.
- Introduced FSMQL (fully standardized Mallow's type QL) approach for consistent regression estimation in GLMs with outliers [Bari and Sutradhar (2010, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics)].
- Demonstrated that the conditional inverse weights based GEE approach produces inconsistent estimates for GLLMs (generalized linear longitudinal models) subject to missing values [Sutradhar and Mallick (2010, Canadian Journal of Statistics)].
- Introduced GLLMMs [Sutradhar (2010, Canadian Journal of Statistics)].
- List of Research Publications.
Other Research Interests
Multivariate Analysis; Time Series Analysis; Sampling; Correlated Failure Time Data Analysis; Spatial-Temporal Data Analysis;Wavelets in Statistics.
Selected Professional Services
General Chair (ISS 2009, ISS 2012); Local arrangements Chair for SSC annual meetings (SSC 1990, SSC 2007); Member of NSERC grants selection committee (1992, 1997-2000); Program Chair for the Annual Meeting of Statistical Society of Canada (SSC 1997); Associate Editor of Canadian Journal of Statistics (1995-1997, 2004-2006); Program Secretary of Statistical Society of Canada (2002-2005); Member of Statistics Canada Advisory Committee on Statistical Methods (2001-2003); Associate Editor of Journal of Environmental and Ecological Statistics (2004-08).
All areas of Theoretical and Applied Statistics.
- Sun, Bingrui (November 2013). Bivariate Multinomial Models.
- Warriyar K. V., Vineetha (February 2013). Generalized linear longitudinal semi-parametric models with time dependent covariates.
- Hubert, M. H. (December 2012). Family based spatial correlation models.
- Chowdhury, Rafiqul (October 2011). Inferences in longitudinal multinomial fixed and mixed models.
- Tagore, Vickneswary (October 2010). Inferences in volatility models.
- Mallick, Taslim (August 2009). Conditional weighted generalized quasi-likelihood inferences in incomplete longitudinal models for binary and count data.
- Bari, Wasimul (October 2007). Robust estimation in familial and longitudinal models.
- Hasan, Tariqul (December 2004). Analyzing correlated failure time data.
- Vandna Jowaheer (December 2000). Analysing multivariate longitudinal count data.
- Zheng, Nan (August 2013). Inference in stochastic volatility models for Gaussian and t data.
- Wooden, Tracey (June 2013). Inferences in non-stationary longitudinal binary models.
- Nagarajah, Varathan (December 2012). Median regression for asymmetric longitudinal data: A quasi-Likelihood approach.
- Sun, Bingrui (August 2009). GQL inferences in linear mixed models with dynamic mean structure.
- Granter, Lauren (October 2007). Complex sampling design based inference on familial models for count data.
- Chowdhury, Rafiqul (September 2007). Generalized quasi-likelihood versus hierarchical likelihood inferences in generalized linear mixed models for count data.
- Madan, Manish (October 2006). Quasilikelihood inferences in gamma AR(1) models for longitudinal data.
- Tagore, Vickneswary (August 2006). Analyzing binary time series.
- Mallick, Taslim (September 2004). Observation-driven regression models for time series of counts.
- Braimoh, Adebola (January 2004). Analysing longitudinal data in the presence of missing responses with application to SLID data.
- Bari, Wasimul (September 2003). Analyzing binary longitudinal data from adaptive clinical trials: A generalized quasilikelihood approach.
- Gwenda Drover (May 2002). Tests for longitudinal change in skewed samples with application to Hibernia sediment chemistry.
- Rajendra Neupane (June 2002). Regression analysis for longitudinal hemoglobin data from premature infants with outcomes subject to non-response.
- Tariqul Hasan (June 2001). Analyzing longitudinally correlated failure time data: A generalized estimating equation approach.
- Dennis Batten (January 2000). Univariate polytomous ordinal regression analysis with application to diabetic retinopathy data.
- Santosh Sutradhar (August 1998). On classification of bivariate binary observations.
- Maxwell Hoyles (December 1998). Longitudinal and gestational effects of minerals in human milk.
- Krishna Saha (July 1996). On the distribution of order statistics from unequally correlated normal variables: A small correlations approach.
- Zhende Qu (January 1995). On approximate likelihood inference in the Poisson mixed model.
- Md. Baki Billah (July 1995). The analysis of multivariate failure time data.
- Glen Luther (May 1989). Use of morphometric character to identify North American and European stocks of Atlantic salmon.
- M. A. Azam (December 1988). Modelling factors affecting relative performance of two dust samplers in Labrador mines.