We've been spring cleaning!
Traditionally, spring is an opportunity to clean up and prepare for the next season. For web content services, working with ccwebworks, springtime is a prime time to review Memorial University's website and freshen it up.
We've spruced it up!
- A new standard header spans the entire mun.ca website
- A consistent hyperlink colour is applied across the website, following recommended standards for consistency, accessibility and usability
We've tidied it up!
- Side menus are clear, consistent and easier to navigate
- Frequently visited content is brought forward on the site, enabling web readers quick access from the main page, especially the content that is required by prospective students
- Based on user testing, we've renamed links, making them more intuitive
- The new standard header provides a clearer connection between departmental pages and the university
So, does it stand up?
Do you like the sparkle, or did we miss a spot? Drop us a line and let us know your thoughts on our website's spring-cleaning. Email email@example.com
During the coming year we'll be giving news and calendaring functions to departments that need it, providing a more sophisticated "template look and feel" to other units, updating our Graphics Standards Manual and giving a mobile version capability to all departments.