Mission of L.E.A.P. 2012
To allow students to experience first-hand a day in the life of a Memorial student, meet with peers from around Newfoundland and Labrador who have similar interests, explore various leadership programs that are available to them at Memorial, be introduced to the support services, get a sense of the benefits of continued involvement in the post secondary environment, and get familiar with Memorial's St. John's Campus.
Who can attend?
L.E.A.P. open to Level III students who have shown leadership ability through their high school and community involvement. Applicants must be Level III students, and should be enthusiastic, creative young people that intend on attending Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Please be aware that only two students per school can attend L.E.A.P. due to Memorial 's limited accomodations during this time. If your student wishes to attend this program, we advise you to please contact your school's guidance counsellor or principal for more information. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
What L.E.A.P. offers.
The objective of L.E.A.P! is to ease students transition from high school to university by letting them know what to expect, where to go, and how to get involved in campus life. The program is also designed to develop leadership skills and meet new people through fun and interactive activities and sessions. L.E.A.P! at Memorial provides a valuable experience to its high school participants.
Students get to...
- Further develop their leadership skills and become better prepared for the transition to University.
- Meet over 100 students from over 50 schools around the province.
- Learn the benefits of getting involved in the post-secondary environment.
- Explore various leadership programs and support services that are available at Memorial.
- Interact with Memorials staff, faculty, and students.
- Experience, first-hand, a day in the life of a Memorial student
- Get a personalized. tour of the campus.
- Get a head-start for next year!
For more information about Memorial's L.E.A.P. 2012 program, please read the Parent/Guardian Letter which is also included in your student's Registration Package. We would advise you to keep the letter you receive in your student's Registration Package for your personal reference. Also be sure to sign the following forms also found in your child's registration package:
|Minor Event Waiver Form|
|Photo Release Form|
|Pick-up Change Form|
For your own reference:
For your own reference:
|Things to Bring List|