Although LEAP 2013 has concluded, please stay tuned for updates and more information on LEAP 2014.
Mission of LEAP
To allow students to experience first-hand a day in the life of a Memorial student, meet with peers from around Newfoundland and Labrador who have similar interests, explore various leadership programs that are available to them at Memorial, be introduced to the support services, get a sense of the benefits of continued involvement in the post secondary environment, and become familiar with Memorial's St. John's Campus.
Who can attend?
LEAP is open to Level III students who have shown leadership ability through their high school and community involvement. Applicants must be Level III students, and should be enthusiastic, creative young people who intend to attend Memorial University of Newfoundland. Two students per school can attend LEAP.
What LEAP offers...
The objective of LEAP is to ease students' transition from high school to university by letting them know what to expect, where to go, and how to get involved in campus life. The program is also designed to develop leadership skills and allow students to meet new people through fun and interactive activities and sessions. LEAP at Memorial provides a valuable experience to its high school participants.
Students get to...
- Develop their leadership skills and become better prepared for the transition to University.
- Meet over 100 students from over 50 schools around the province.
- Learn the benefits of getting involved in the post-secondary environment.
- Explore various leadership programs and support services that are available at Memorial.
- Interact with Memorial's staff, faculty, and students.
- Experience, first-hand, a day in the life of a Memorial student.
- Get a personalized tour of the campus.
- Get a head-start for next year!
How to Register Your Student
Registration Packages will be sent via mail and email to each school province wide during the Fall. Information on Memorial's LEAP program and the registration process will be included in this package.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-864-3534.