Service Name: Desire2Learn Student Support, The Commons
- The Commons’ Desire2Learn Student Support provides technical support for students taking online courses using Memorial University’s Learning Management System, Desire2Learn.
- Desire2Learn Student Support is a partnership of Distance Education, Learning and Teaching Support (DELTS), Queen Elizabeth II Library, Information Technology Services and the Writing Centre. It is located at the Commons Support Desk at the Queen Elizabeth II Library.
- Desire2Learn Student Support provides technical support for students having problems with tasks such as navigation of the Desire2Learn discussion tool, email tool, ePortfolio and dropbox feature, as well as attaching files and posting messages.
- Desire2Learn Student Support’s primary focus is supporting undergraduate and graduate students using Memorial University’s learning management system to access their online course content, but it also offers support to the University’s faculty members and instructors.
- Desire2Learn Student Support consists of a coordinator and student support staff.
Informal and formal one-on-one tutorials on Desire2Learn, including:
- Getting started
- The discussion tool
- Posting messages
- The email tool
- Using folders to manage email
- Composing email
- Reading email
- Attaching files to an email
- Using the dropbox
How to request this service:
Who can avail of this service:
- All students, faculty and staff of Memorial University.
Out of Scope:
- Clients are served on a first come, first serve basis while in The Commons within 8 hours.
- Request response to online technical support at DELTS takes 24 hours.
- There is no cost for this service
Processes and Tools:
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- DELTS – Development and delivery of online and distance education, as well as the support and enhancement of teaching and learning both on campus and at a distance at Memorial University.
- DELTS Staff (The Commons) – Desire2Learn Support, Computing Support Assistance and Assistive Technology Assistance in The Commons
- Student Staff (The Commons) – Desire2Learn assistance
Key Performance Indicators:
- Feedback from students and faculty/instructors
Revision: August 2013
Service Owner: Manager of Client Relations, DELTS