University of Limerick
Main website for exchange students
The University is situated on a superb riverside campus of over 133 hectares with the River Shannon as a unifying focal point. Outstanding recreational, cultural and sporting facilities further enhance this exceptional learning and working environment. The University of Limerick campus is located 5km from Limerick City and 20km from Shannon International Airport.
- Materials and Surface Science Institute (MSSI): The MSSI was established in 1998 and is a national centre of excellence that generates state-of-the-art fundamental research on topics of industrial significance in the fields of surface science and materials.
- Localisation Research Centre (LRC) :The LRC is offering the world's first MSc in Multilingual Computing and Localisation.
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences: Irish World Academy of Music and Dance — an internationally acclaimed centre for innovation and research in music and dance performance and scholarship
Language of instruction All incoming exchange students are required to possess sufficient language skills to attend lecture and sit examinations. Students should be competent to communicate through the medium of English prior ro arrival at the University of Limerick.
- Autumn Semester (September to January): June 30th
- Spring Semester (January to May): October 31st
Cost of living
The total cost of living for students in Ireland is estimated at approximately €1000 per month. Once your placement at the University of Limerick is confirmed, the International Education Division will send you an on-campus accommodation form. A number of single rooms have been reserved for exchange sutdents in the 5 student villages on-campus. Off-campus residences are also available; the accommodation office will assist with private off-campus accommodation, if student like to live off-campus.