Nanyang Technological University
Main website for exchange students
A research-intensive public university, Nayang Technological University (NTU) has 33,500 undergraduate and postgraduate students in the colleges of Engineering, Business, Science and Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences.
NTU has a satellite campus in Singapore's Science and Tech Hub, One-North, and is setting up a campus in Nvena, Singapore's medical district. Its lush 200-hectare Yunnan Garden campus was the Youth Olympic Village of the world's first 2010 Summer Youth Olympicsin 2010.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is a research-intensive university with globally acknowledged strengths in science and engineering.
Course Selection: Exchange students must select at least ten courses in order of preference in the online application for approval. Approval of courses is required by the offering schools in NTU and does not mean you are guaranteed enrollment in the courses. There are also certain programs that are not available to exchange students. Hence, it is imperative that you select courses which are approved by Memorial University and NTU.
Language of instruction
All courses are taught in English.
Deadline for Course Work Applicaitons:
- Undergraduate students must apply by March 30th and September 30th for Fall and Spring semesters respectively.
- Postgraduate students must apply by March 15th and September 15th for Fall and Spring semesters respectively.
- Deadline for Research Project or Work Experience Programs Applications: Submit online application at least 3 months prior to the start of the program.
Cost of living
Due to limited on-campus accommodation, hall assignment priority shall be given to exhcange students on Course Work, and allocation of on-campus accommodation shall be subject to availability through a random balloting system. Students seeking off-campus housing should begin their search well in advance before their departure for Singapore. The Office of Housing & Auxiliary Services will email students the list of recommended off-campus housing upon releasing of the on-campus accommodation result.
Estimated the monthly expenses of certain items have been listed below:
- On-campus undergraduate housing: $155 - $280
- On-campus graduate housing: $290 - $580
- Meals: $300 - $400
- Transportation within Singapore: $100
- Textbooks: $200 - $500 per academic year
- Total Estimated Cost of Living: $1000 - $1700
1.00 CAD = 1.2023 SGD