The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences offers a number of diploma programs so that students may complement their studies in one or more fields of specialization.
These programs offer students the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and practical experience. The following diploma programs are offered in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Ancient Worlds (Dept of Archaeology)
- Creative Writing (Dept of English)
- Environmental Humanities (Dept of History)
- Geographic Information Sciences (Dept of Geography) - Please note that this program is not accepting new students in 2018-19. For further information please contact the Head of the Department.
- Humanities (Dept of Philosophy)
- Performance and Communications Media (Dept of English)
- Police Studies (Dept of Sociology)
Admission to all diploma programs is competitive and limited. Application forms can be found on the Office of the Registrar’s web page.
Most diploma programs are completed concurrently with a degree.
As of a University Senate decision in February 2008, diploma students no longer need hold an undergraduate degree in order to be awarded their diploma.
Upcoming Courses in Diploma Programs
To look for course offerings in upcoming semesters please visit http://www.mun.ca/hss/courses.php