All accidents or incidents occurring on university property must be documented on an Accident/Incident Report form and forwarded to Environmental Health and Safety.

Follow-up will be completed by Environmental Health and Safety personnel.

Types of incidents to be documented are:

  • injuries to staff, faculty, students, or visitors
  • equipment or property damage
  • near accident situations
  • dangerous situations
  • incidents and situations that have potential for a loss producing incident

For more information relating to the reporting process, see the university Safety Standards and Policy, section S~6.6 (Reporting, Processing and Investigation of Accidents/Incidents and Dangerous Situations).

All incidents/accidents occurring after normal working hours should be reported to Campus Enforcement and Patrol at 864-8561.


Environmental Health & Safety

230 Elizabeth Ave

St. John's, NL A1B 3X9 CANADA

Tel: (709) 864-2530

Fax: (709) 864-2552