The Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund
The Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund cycle has completed for 2015-2016. Check back in 2016 for new on the next funding cycle.
Think your project could address NL's solid waste management challenges?
We have funding to help you!
Open to all faculty, students and staff at Memorial, the Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund provides up to $15,000 per project/per year to investigate waste management issues in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Possible research areas could include:
• Construction and Demolition Waste
• Household Waste
• Petroleum-based Product Waste
• Paint and Coating Waste
• Paper Fibre Waste
• Industrial, Commercial and Institutional waste
• Organic waste
• Inorganic waste
• Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, Energy Recovery
• Composting, Biofuels, Biogas
• Waste diversion
• Community and Youth engagement
• Evaluation of existing waste management practices
• Waste management infrastructure
• Waste Management Processes
• Waste management innovation
• Provincial competitiveness and productivity
• Sustainable waste management
• Attitudes and perceptions towards solid waste management
• Household hazardous waste management issues
• Recycling or repurposing various materials
Fund Guide and Terms of Award
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions about the applied research funds
Key Dates for 2015-2016 Funding Cycle:
Release: May 1, 2015
Deadline for Submissions: 5PM NDT July 10, 2015
Coordinator, Yaffle & Funding Programs
The Leslie Harris Centre of Regional Policy and Development
Privacy Note: all information provided by the applicant(s), and included in this application package, will be used only for the purpose of evaluating proposals of the Harris Centre MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund, and will not be used for any other purpose, without the expressed written consent of the applicant(s). If you have any questions about how this information will be used, please contact Bojan Fürst, Manager, Knowledge Mobilization by email or by phone at 864-2120.