The Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund
2015-2016 Funding Cycle Competition Date: NOW OPEN - Deadline July 10, 2015 5PM NDT
Think your project could address NL's solid waste management challenges?
We have funding to help you!
Open to all faculty, students and staff at Memorial, the Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund provides up to $15,000 per project/per year to investigate waste management issues in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Possible research areas could include:
• Construction and Demolition Waste
• Household Waste
• Petroleum-based Product Waste
• Paint and Coating Waste
• Paper Fibre Waste
• Industrial, Commercial and Institutional waste
• Organic waste
• Inorganic waste
• Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, Energy Recovery
• Composting, Biofuels, Biogas
• Waste diversion
• Community and Youth engagement
• Evaluation of existing waste management practices
• Waste management infrastructure
• Waste Management Processes
• Waste management innovation
• Provincial competitiveness and productivity
• Sustainable waste management
• Attitudes and perceptions towards solid waste management
• Household hazardous waste management issues
• Recycling or repurposing various materials
Fund Guide and Terms of Award - Please read this prior to starting your application
Click here for help with your 6-page proposal. We provide some points of consideration for you to use when writing your project description.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions about the applied research funds
To start the application process, CLICK HERE!
Note: This link will take you to a secure application processing website. The Harris Centre's suite of funds uses this site as the hub for applications and evaluations, and you will be brought to the Harris Centre's online application system. We encourage you to create an account as soon as possible to review the application process. You can save information and return to the system as many times as you'd like until you submit the application or until the fund deadline.
Key Dates for 2015-2016 Funding Cycle:
Release: May 1, 2015
Deadline for Submissions: 5PM NDT July 10, 2015
Coordinator, Yaffle & Funding Programs
The Leslie Harris Centre of Regional Policy and Development
Privacy Note: all information provided by the applicant(s), and included in this application package, will be used only for the purpose of evaluating proposals of the Harris Centre MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund, and will not be used for any other purpose, without the expressed written consent of the applicant(s). If you have any questions about how this information will be used, please contact Bojan Fürst, Manager, Knowledge Mobilization by email or by phone at 864-2120.