The Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund
The 2013-14 Harris Centre MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund is now accepting applications. Apply here before November 29th, 2013.
Think your project could address NL's solid waste management challenges?
We have funding to help you!
Open to all faculty, students and staff at Memorial, the Harris Centre - MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund provides up to $15,000 per project/per year to investigate waste management issues in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Possible research areas could include:
- Construction and Demolition Waste
- Household Waste
- Industrial, Commercial and Institutional waste
- Organic waste
- Inorganic waste
- Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, Energy Recovery
- Composting, Biofuels, Biogas
- Waste diversion
- Community and Youth engagement
- Education Governance
- Health Evaluation of existing waste management practices
- Waste management infrastructure
- Waste Management
- Processes Waste management innovation
- Provincial competitiveness and productivity
- Sustainable waste management
- Attitudes and perceptions towards solid waste management
- Household hazardous waste management issues
- Recycling or repurposing various materials
- Waste audits
Fund Guide and Terms of Award - Please read this prior to starting your application
*New* Click here for help with your 6-page proposal. We provide some points of consideration for you to use when writing your project description.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions about the applied research funds
Evaluation Criteria - Criteria used in reviewing and awarding applications
Release: October 25, 2013
Deadline for Submissions: November 29, 2013
Knowledge Mobilization Coordinator
Privacy Note: all information provided by the applicant(s), and included in this application package, will be used only for the purpose of evaluating proposals of the Harris Centre MMSB Waste Management Applied Research Fund, and will not be used for any other purpose, without the expressed written consent of the applicant(s). If you have any questions about how this information will be used, please contact Bojan Fürst, Manager, Knowledge Mobilization by email or by phone at 864-2120.