Please Enter a Search Term



Working Holiday Permit

*Make sure you consult the websites below for the most thorough and up to date information regarding visas*

Website for visa

Danish Embassy in Canada: Royal Danish Embassy
47 Clarence Street
Suite 450
Ottawa, Ontario
K1N 9K1

Tel: (613) 562 1811
Fax: (613) 562 1812

The working holiday permit makes it possible for young people to get a Danish residence permit in order to stay and work in Denmark for an extended period of time.

To qualify for the Working Holiday permit you have to be between 18 and 35 years of age (inclusive) and a citizen of either Australia, Canada, Chile, Japan or New Zealand.

If you qualify for the working holiday permit, you can be granted a residence permit for a maximum of 12 months. The primary purpose of your stay must be holiday, but you may work during your stay in Denmark to earn supplementary funds to support yourself. You are allowed to work part time or full time for a maximum of six months during a 12-month period. You are also allowed to study for up to six months during the 12-month period.


In order to ensure quick and efficient processing you must prepare all necessary documentation in the mandatory checklist before you submit the application package in person to the Royal Danish Embassy in Ottawa or one of the Danish consulates in Calgary,Edmonton, Halifax, Iqaluit, Regina, Saint John, St. John’s, Toronto,Vancouver or Winnipeg. Failing to submit all relevant documentation will result in unnecessary delays or rejection. Personal appearance is required.


Please click here for the document checklist where you will be able to download the required application forms.


1. The Danish Embassy in Ottawa forwards the complete application to the Danish Immigration Service.

2. After processing the application, the Danish Immigration Service forwards the decision to the Embassy.

3. If a permit has been granted, the Embassy will issue and insert a permit sticker in your passport and return the passport to you. If your application has been refused, the Embassy will send you a refusal letter and return your passport to you.


The processing time for Working Holiday applications is approximately 2-3 months.


Student Permit