News and NotesFor more information about the items below, contact the Office of Research, 737-8251.
Important notice: The six-month period of overlap between NSERC’s previous IP Policy and the new IP Policy has now ended. Effective Dec. 1, 2009, all IP agreements must contain the mandatory elements outlined in the new IP policy.
Intellectual Property Policy:
Listed below is a selection of the funding opportunities for which information has recently been received by the Office of Research. For links to further information on these items, visit Grant Funding Opportunities on the Research website at www.mun.ca/research/overview/grant_opp.php.
- ACGT Request for Applications: 2009 Young Investigator Award Research Grant
- CIHR Health Systems Research on H1N1: Health Systems, Ethics & Knowledge Translation Research on the Implications of H1N1 Operating Grant
- International Research Initiative on Adaptation to Climate Change (IRIACC)
- The Goldhirsh Foundation-Brain Tumour Research Awards Program
- KFOC/Pfizer Cardio-Renal Research Award 2010
- First Canadian Stroke Congress, Quebec City, June 7-8, 2010
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowships
- 2010 KRESCENT Competition- Request for Applications
- ArcticNet Call for Proposals in the Social & Human Health Sciences
- UICC Yamagiwa-Yoshida Memorial International Cancer Study Grants
Imminent deadlinesFeb. 1
- Alcoholic Beverage Medical Research Foundation – grants for alcohol research.
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation/Atlantic Chapter – studentship awards program.
- Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – summer studentships.
- Canadian Institute of Health Research – operating grants (registration).
- Harry Frank Guggenheim Foundation – dissertation fellowships.
- Memorial University, Office of Research – salary-based research grants program (re-designation of salary).
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (US) – research grants.
- Parkinson Society Canada (letter of intent) – pilot project program; new investigator award program; basic research fellowship program.
- American Asthma Foundation – early excellence award; senior investigator award.
- National Institutes of Health (US) – new research grants.
- Memorial-ISER – joint appointment fellowship; ISER books post-doctoral fellowship; post-doctoral fellowship; doctoral fellowship; research associate fellowship.
- Canadian Foundation for AIDS Research – research grants.
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada – research grants program.
- Baillie Fund – student research award.
- Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation for International Scholarly Exchange –conference/seminar/workshop grants; publication subsidies.
- ISER – strategic grant programme (applications).
- Memorial University, Office of Research – SSHRC / Vice-President’s Research Grants.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council – sustaining program for professional arts organizations.
- University of Windsor/Humanities Research Group – visiting humanities fellowship.
- American Institute for Cancer Research – investigator initiated grants; postdoctoral grant awards; matching grants.
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation/Atlantic Chapter – research grant program.
- DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service – DAAD-AICGS research fellowship.
- International Alliance for Human Resources Research – best master’s thesis award; best PhD dissertation award.
- Memorial University, Office of Research – SSHRC Travel Grants - paper presentation at scholarly conferences; travel grants for international representation; artistic/creative grants competition.