Training the Trainer
Improve your training delivery to succeed in your career.
Training the Trainer provides you with the knowledge, skills, and tools required to assess training needs, design effective training, develop training materials, and deliver and evaluate training programs.
This five-day workshop contains two modules. Module one consists of three-days and module two consists of two-days. In the second module, participants will make a short presentation. This presentation will consist of applying concepts from module one to a real, workplace training opportunity.
This program has been designed to give you a comprehensive guide to:
- Day 1 - Adult learning
- Day 2 - Determining training needs and objectives
- Day 3 - Designing and evaluating training programs
- Day 4 - Training transfer, delivery, and contracts
- Day 5 - Applied learning presentations
- Learn how to assess organizational training needs
- Understand the methodology for planning and delivering successful training programs
- Gain hands-on training experience in a comfortable environment
- Enhance your proficiency in moving from the training needs assessment to delivering the training
- Learn how different learning styles impact the training approach
- Know how to use a needs assessment approach to identify training requirements
- Introduce strategies for creating a learning plan for the organization
- Promote knowledge transfer among employees and teams
- Use training to contribute to successful succession planning
- Deploy techniques to help design and deliver effective training programs
- Understand how to maximize transfer from training to application in the workplace
Who Should Attend
New trainers, training coordinators, managers or supervisors who recognize their responsibility in training assessment, design, implementation, evaluation and/or delivery.
Participants will build competence in training techniques through professional development in:
- The principles of adult learning and how to integrate these into your programs
- Identifying training needs using a thorough needs assessment
- Designing and delivering effective training programs
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs
- Maximizing transfer from training to application in the workplace
Continuing Education Contact Hours: 35