P-1.14.1 - CSA APPROVALS
Provincial legislation and regulations require that all apparatus being connected to the electrical power system be certified by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) or other approved testing agency. Onsite testing of uncertified equipment can be provided at the department's expense. For further clarification and or advice on this approval contact the Safety Office of the Department of Facilities Management, or the Director of Technical Services.
P-1.14.2 - CAPITAL EQUIPMENT PURCHASES
There are two types of Capital Equipment forms required to be used when purchasing capital equipment, they are to be used as described below:
CAPITAL EQUIPMENT PURCHASE ORDER ADDENDUM
- All purchases of capital equipment with a value greater than $10,000 will require completion of the "Capital Equipment Purchase Order Addendum" form, sample attached as Appendix C-25. This form is required by the Department of Technical Services. The form should be completed by the supplier when submitting a tender quotation, or if the purchase did not go to tender, prior to the issuance of a purchase order.
In the event the supplier is not willing to complete the capital equipment purchase order addendum form, then the purchasing department should consult with the Director of Technical Services.
CAPITAL EQUIPMENT FORM
- The "Capital Equipment" form, sample copy attached as
Appendix C-14, must be completed for all equipment purchases
that meets any one or more of the following conditions:
- Require special electrical services or drainage.
- Is large in size and requires special handling.
- Requires Technical Services handling for installation and/or servicing.
- Costs in excess of $2,500. The only exception being for the purchase of IBM and Compatible Personal Computer.