In order for MAC users to access Banner Internet Native Forms, you will need to install Mac OS Runtime for Java (MRJ). This is Apple's implementation of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- To install:
- Be sure Internet Explorer 5 or above is installed.
- Go to http://developer.apple.com/java/download.html (Note: link opens a new browser window. Close window when download is complete)
- Download and install the MRJ 2.25 plugin (use defaults)
- Open Internet Explorer. Under the "Edit" menu select "Preferences". Select "Java". Check "Java Enabled" and ensure that "Java Virtual Machine" is set to "Apple MRJ".
- Test your system by pointing your browser here to see if you can execute the Web Forms.
If you have problems, contact the Help Desk @ 4595.
Note for Mac OS X users
Using the native Mac OS X version of Internet Explorer (the one on your Dock) will not currently work with Banner. We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as we we can, in the meantime you can use the classic version of Internet Explorer to access Banner.
To run the classic Internet Explorer, go to your hard drive and locate the 'Applications (Mac OS 9)' folder, inside this folder you will find a folder called 'Internet Explorer 5' containing the classic version of Explorer. Open this folder and double click the Internet Explorer program. If classic is running already, the program will start and you can access Banner from here. If classic is not running, then you will see the classic environment starting up followed by Internet Explorer.
We apologise for this inconvenience and assure you that we are doing everything we can to rectify this situation. If you have any questions, please call Macintosh Support at 864-4595. Thank you for your patience.