1. Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with the suspect.
2. If safe to do so, stop and take time to get a good description of the suspect. Note height, weight, sex, colour, approximate age, clothing, method and direction of travel, and name, if known. All this takes only a few seconds, and is of the utmost help to the investigating officers. If the suspect is entering a vehicle, note the license number, type and make of vehicle, colour and outstanding characteristics.
3. If safe to do so, call Campus Enforcement and Patrol or Emergency Services. Give your name, location and department. Advise them of the situation and , if safe to do so, remain where you are until contacted by an officer.
4. In the event of civil disturbance, continue insofar as is possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
5. Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with law enforcement authorities on the scene.
Dialed From Campus Exchange
Note: When utilizing 911, a follow-up call should be made to Campus Enforcement & Patrol.