1. Bomb threats usually occur by telephone.
2. Should you receive a bomb-threat call, remain calm and attempt to obtain as much information as possible from the caller by using the Bomb Threat Initial Report.
3. If possible, have someone else call Campus Enforcement and Patrol or Emergency Services from another phone. This will allow an attempt to trace the call. Use a written note to a fellow worker to do this while you are carrying out the above.
4. Call Campus Enforcement and Patrol or Emergency Services giving your name, location, and telephone number. Tell them everything you know, including information you may have as to the location of the bomb, time it is set to explode, and the time when you received the call.
5. Inform your supervisor and/or department head.
6. A senior staff person in charge of the building or Campus Enforcement and Patrol will be responsible for ordering building evacuation.
7. If instructed to evacuate, move a safe distance away from the building (a minimum of 200 meters). Do not re-enter the building until instructed it is safe to do so by Campus Enforcement and Patrol personnel.
Dialed From Campus Exchange
Note: When utilizing 911, a follow-up call should be made to Campus Enforcement & Patrol.