Please Enter a Search Term

Regulations - Section 4

4.1 Cancelling Permit

Any permit holder wishing to cancel a parking permit may do so by returning recognizable portions of the decal/permit to the Enforcement and Patrol Section. Individuals requesting a refund must complete a Request For Refund Form. Where the original payment was in the form of cash/cheque, a 30-day processing period will apply. Where the original payment was by payroll deduction a lump sum deduction will be processed against the applicant’s payroll to close out any outstanding balance. The request for refund will be processed and a cheque available 30 days from final payroll deduction.

It is the responsibility of the employee to initiate the refund policy. A prorated refund will be made if applicable. An administrative fee of $5 will be deducted from any refund. Refunds will be calculated by the Enforcement and Patrol Section and paid by cheque from the Comptroller’s Office. A minimum refund of $5 will apply after the administrative fee has been applied.

4.2 Cancelling Permit (Permits with gate control cards)

A permit holder issued a gate control card with a permit and wishing to cancel his/her permit must return the control card and recognizable portions of the decal/permit. When the control card is submitted to the Enforcement and Patrol Section the refund will be calculated as in Section 4.1 above.

4.3 Rescinded Permits

Persons whose university vehicle parking permits have been rescinded will not be eligible for a refund. See Section 6.5.