Dr. Hangzhou Wang
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering
Tsinghua University, Beijing, 2005-2010.
Bachelor, Chemical Engineering
Tsinghua University, Beijing, 2001-2005.
• Process Design, Synthesis, Modeling, Simulation
• Optimization and Operability Analysis for Chemical Processes
• Mixed Integer Dynamic Optimization and Mixed Integer Nonlinear Programming
• Nonlinear Dynamic System Analysis
• Process Planning and Scheduling
• Process Risk Assessment and Management
• Bayesian Networks and Decision Making
1. Wang HZ, Zhang N, Qiu T, Zhao JS, Chen BZ. A method for regulating oscillatory dynamic behavior in a Zymomonas mobilis continuous fermentation process. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 2014;53(31): 12399–12410.
2. Wang HZ, Zhang N, Qiu T, Zhao JS, He XR, Chen BZ. Optimization of a continuous fermentation process producing 1,3-propane diol with Hopf singularity and unstable operating points as constraints. Chemical Engineering Science. 2014;116: 668–681.
3. Wang HZ, Zhang N, Qiu T, Zhao JS, He XR, Chen BZ. A process design framework for considering the stability of steady state operating points and Hopf singularity points in chemical processes. Chemical Engineering Science. 2013;99:252–264.
4. Wang HZ, Zhang N, Qiu T, Zhao JS, He XR, Chen BZ. Analysis of Hopf Points for a Zymomonas mobilis Continuous Fermentation Process Producing Ethanol. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 2012; 52(4):1645–1655.
5. Wang HZ, Yuan ZH, Chen BZ, He XR, Zhao JS, Qiu T. Analysis of the stability and controllability of chemical processes. Computers & Chemical Engineering. 2011;35(6):1101–1109.
6. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR, Zhao JS, Qiu T. Modeling, simulation and analysis of the liquid-phase catalytic oxidation of toluene. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2010;158(2):220–224.
7. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR, Zhao JS, Qiu T. Numerical Analysis Tool for Obtaining Steady-State Solutions and Analyzing Their Stability Characteristics for Nonlinear Dynamic Systems. Journal of Chemical Engineering Japan. 2010;43(4):394–400.
8. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR, Qiu T, Zhao JS. SDG-based HAZOP analysis of operating mistakes for PVC process. Process Safety and Environmental Protection. 2009;87(1):40–46.
9. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR, Qiu T, Zhang LJ. A Signed Digraph Based Method for Detecting Inherently Unsafe Factors of Chemical Process at Conceptual Design Stage. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. 2008; 16(1):52–56.
10. Jiang H, Chen BZ, Wang HZ, Qiu T, Zhao JS. Novel Method for Considering Process Flexibility and Stability Simultaneously.Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2014, 53(38): 14765-14775.
11. Yuan ZH, Wang HZ, Chen BZ, Zhao JS. Operating zone segregation of chemical reaction systems based on stability and non-minimum phase behavior analysis. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2009;155(1-2): 304–311.
12. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, Qiu T, He XR, Zhao JS. Oscillatory Amplitudes Regulation Method in 1,3-PD Production By Klebsiella Pneumoniae. 2014 AIChE Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA. 2014.
13. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, Qiu T, He XR, Zhao JS. An Approach Considering Both Operation Stability and System's Hopf Bifurcations to Chemical Process Design. 2012 AIChE Annual Meeting. Pittsburg, PA. 2012.
14. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, Qiu T, He XR, Zhao JS. An integrated quantitative index of stable steady state points in chemical process design. 11th International Symposium on Process Systems Engineering PSE2012. Singapore.2012.
15. Wang HZ, Yuan ZH, Chen BZ, Zhao JS, Qiu T. Inherently Safer Design Oriented Segregation of Chemical Process Operating Region. Paper presented at: Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center International Symposium, 2010; Hilton Conference Center, 801 University Drive East, College Station, Texas, United States.
16. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR, Qiu T, Zhao JS. Singularity Theory Based Stability Analysis of Reacting Systems. Computer Aided Chemical Engineering. 2009;27:645–650.
17. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR, Qiu T, Zhao JS. Stability Analysis Based Method for Inherently Safer Process Design at Conceptual Design Stage. Paper presented at: World Conference on Safety of Oil and Gas Industry, 2008; 801 University Drive East, College Station, Texas, United States.
18. Wang HZ, Chen BZ, He XR. A conceptual design method of the total site energy system in process industries. Paper presented at: 2005 AIChE Annual Meeting. Cincinnati, OH. 2005.
Office: IIC 1021, Process Engineering