Dr. Xuemei Li
Faculty of Education
My research covers TESL/TEFL, academic writing, migration experiences, and identity construction in additional language contexts. My current projects focus on newcomer (immigrant, refugee, & international student) language, social, settlement, career issues in Canada. Meanwhile, I look into graduate English writing instruction and teacher education at the tertiary level in China. I teach and supervise in these areas.
• Identity issues in additional language contexts
• Second/Additional language writing
• TESL/TEFL curriculum and methodology
• ESL support in schools and communities
• Migration and newcomer integration
• Comparative cultural and language studies
- The Open Studio Project
- NNEST of the Month Blog: On Second Language Writing
- Writing Face Forward: The People and Stories of Memorial, May 2014.
- CBC Radio The St John’s Morning Show Wednesday September 21, 2011, International students choose English names
- CBC Television Here and Now — September 21, 2011 What’s in a Name? (Move cursor to 24:30)