Faculty of Education
My research covers TESL/TEFL, academic writing, migration experiences, and identity construction in additional language contexts. My current projects focus on newcomer (immigrant, refugee, and international student) language, social, settlement, career issues in Canada. Meanwhile, I look into graduate English writing instruction and teacher education at the tertiary level in China. I teach and supervise in these areas.
Associate Professor in second-language education and migration studies.
• Identity issues in additional language contexts
• Second/Additional language writing
• TESL/TEFL curriculum and methodology
• ESL support in schools and communities
• Migration and newcomer integration
• Comparative cultural and language studies
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-709-864-6224
- Office: ED-4029
- The Open Studio Project
- NNEST of the Month Blog: On Second Language Writing
- Writing Face Forward: The People and Stories of Memorial, May 2014. (Video Below)