Please Enter a Search Term

Course Information

2015-2016 Winter Semester Graduate Registration begins August 3rd at 7:00 am NL time.

Registration Tips

Please see the following Regulation Change Notification before registering for courses: Regulation Change Notification.

Course Offerings - Spring 2016 (Coming soon)

Important notes for Graduate Students

ALL Students:

You must register for Education 9000 at MUN your first semester. This is especially important for M.Ed IT students who are taking CBU courses during their first semester. After the first semester, you will be automatically registered for ED9000, unless you have an approved leave of absence.

Students on leave of absence:

You must register for Education 9000 as soon as your leave has expired or you will be terminated from the programme.

Course Descriptions

Important Notice

We regret to remind graduate students that Curriculum Teaching and Learning, and Counselling Psychology are NOT distance programs. Although we try to offer as many web-based courses as possible in any given semester, we do not guarantee a web-based course to all students in non-distance programs.

We will assist candidates in distance programs (Post-Secondary Studies, Diploma of Health Professional Education, and Information Technologies) to register in appropriate courses.

Textbook Ordering

Anyone requesting books to be sent out to them must now order from the following website . Please click on Text Books, choose the text book(s) you wish to order and follow the ordering procedures using your credit card. The books will then be shipped to you from the MUN bookstore.

Graduate Student Society (GESS)

The Graduate Education Student Society (GESS) was established to bring graduate students together, meet their needs, and establish a tradition of meaningful social and academic interactions. You can learn more about GESS by visiting their website.

GSU Health and Dental Plan for Full Time Students and “Opt Out” Information

If you are registered as a full-time student, even for one semester, you are automatically registered in the Graduate Students' Health and Dental Plan.

Details of the plan and forms are available at

Please note: You must opt out each semester that you do not wish to be covered in this plan.

If you continue as a full-time graduate student, you may opt out for a full academic year in September. Under the current system, you may be required to opt out each year .

Your financial record, available on your student record (registration system at, may not accurately reflect the cost of the health and dental plan. Check your Tuition and Fees Assessment, AND check your Account Summary by Term to ensure that you have not been charged unwanted health insurance fees.

Question or problems? Contact or phone 709-864-4395.

The Graduate Students Union may provide additional information.

Recreation Fees

Off-campus graduate students do not have to pay the $40.00 per semester recreation fee. Usually this includes those taking Web-based courses or part of an off-campus cohort or doing thesis research off campus. Usually Banner will recognize an off-campus mailing address and a non-campus course registration and exempt students automatically.

Students taking even one course on campus must pay the fee but are able to take advantage of the recreation facilities.

Students not automatically exempted will have to apply for an exemption on a form, which is available online from the School of Graduate Studies Completed forms must be forwarded to the Faculty of Education Graduate Programmes office (ED-2007D / Fax: 709-864-4379) for processing.