Group counselling is often the preferred approach for resolving issues facing students.
Some groups are routinely offered for example:
- Developing Healthy Relationships
- Mood & Anxiety 101
- Career Planning
- Fourpack group (Harm reduction group)
- Body Acceptance Class
- Healthy Lifestyles program
- Mindfulness Skills Training
- Cognitive Skills Group
- Improving Health: My Way. Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Study Skills
- Anxiety & Depression sessions
More focused groups are offered in response to student needs. For example, groups focusing on sexual abuse, and gender issues have been offered in the past.
Group counselling sessions for currently registered students are weekly and range from one hour to two hours for the duration of the semester.
Punctuality is important, so please be on time for your group. Please cancel any group meetings at least 24 hours in advance. In the event of inclement weather, please call the office to confirm the group will meet.
You may visit UC 5000, or call 864-8874 to register.