2018/2018 Faculty and Staff Renewals
Permit renewals will begin on May 1, 2018. Current day time parking permits expire April 30, 2018, which will be extended to June 15, 2018 to allow for renewals.
You can renew your permit in two ways:
- Online via the employee tab of my.mun.ca between May 1, 2018 and June 8, 2018:
- Locate the Employee Parking Renewal box, and click “Open Form”
- Some users will have information from the Parking System pre-loaded into the portal form. If the information is incorrect, please change it on the form at that time.
- If you have no information displaying, but have a permit, please complete the information on the form and submit it.
- If there is any discrepancy, the online application will be taken as the correct information.
- The Traffic and Parking Regulations summary must be consented to before submitting the form.
- If successful, you will see a confirmation screen.
- Once your application is processed, the parking office will send your permit via internal mail.
- The renewal option on the portal will remain open until June 10, 2018. If you need to purchase a permit after this date, you must visit the parking office.
- If you are having issues with the my.mun.ca portal, please contact the ITS help desk.
2. In person, at the parking office starting May 1, 2018:
- Payment is accepted by payroll deduction, cash, or debit.
- New employees must visit the parking office for their first permit.
- Parking office hours during the renewal period are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (not closed for lunch)
- The renewal period ends June 15, 2018. Employees can continue to purchase a 2018/2018 permits at the parking office throughout the year.
- Payroll deductions are available through the parking office until Sept 30.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2736.
Area 60 - $316.47
Areas 30 And 27 - $207.36
Areas 1, 25 & 28 - $157.94
Area 4 - $91.15
Areas 1A, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7A, 10, 10A, 15A, 15B, 15C, 21, 23, 29, 31, 40, 51, 52, 56, 65 - $75.95
Areas 7, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 62 - $60.77
Areas 8, 11, 12, 14, 16A, 22, 24, 36, 37, 50, 53, 54, 57, 58 - $45.57
Second Area - $6.35
Motorcycle Permit - $10.48
Area 29 (formally area 9) permit holders: Construction of the Animal Resource Centre has impacted parking in area 29. Permit holders will be renewed for area 27.
Employee Temporary Parking Permits
Employee Temporary Parking Permits are available by completing the Employee Temporary Parking Permit Request form. Employees unable to access the Employee Temporary Parking Permit Request form may email the Parking Office with their request at email@example.com.
Purchase of Parking Permits for New Employees
New employees must visit the Parking Office to purchase a parking permit. Confirmation of employment must be provided to the Parking Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a letter signed by the employees Manager, or desinated authority, before sale of the permit is finalized.
Employees may park in their designated overflow parking areas should their permit areas be fully occupied. Desinated overflow lots for Memorial University employees are as follows:
- Area 16A Splash: Designated overflow lot for North Campus permit holders.
- Area 15: Designated overflow lot for South Campus permit holders.
Staff and Faculty can share a permit by registering multiple vehicles under one (1) permit at the Parking Office. The one (1) permit is then shared and displayed in the vehicle is on Campus.
It is the responsibility of persons organizing conferences, seminars, or inviting guest lectures to contact the Parking Office to make necessary parking arrangements. For inquiries or assistance, contact email@example.com.
Employee Parking Accommodations
All Employee Parking Accommodation requests must be submitted to the employee's designated Human Resources (HR) Advisor. The HR Advisor will review each Employee Parking Aaccommodation request with supporting documentation and submit to the Parking Office the following:
- Employee Name and Employee Number
- Duration of required Employee Parking Accommodation
- Building the employee is required to be located near
Once an Employee Parking Accommodation request has been submitted to the Parking Office by the HR Advisor, the employee must visit the Parking Office to return their current permit and be issued a new permit.
All general inquires can be made to the Parking Office.