Service Name: University Switch Board Operator
The university switch board operator answers all incoming calls to Memorial University and transfers them appropriately. The operator also provides general information to callers.
How to request this service:
- Telephone: 709-864-8000 (or 0 if an internal call)
Who can avail of this service:
- Faculty, staff, students and members of the general public can avail of this service
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
- Summer hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday (excluding holidays)
- There will be an answering service after regular hours, and an option to be transferred to security by pressing 0.
|Metric||Target (Measured Monthly)|
|Grade of Service (GOS): Calls||95% of calls answered in 3 minutes|
|Abandon Ratio||<= 5% calls abandoned|
Processes and Tools:
- Caller phones 709-864-8000 (or 0 if an internal call)
- Caller is re-directed to the appropriate extension
Accountabilities and Key Roles:
- C&C’s Administration and Finance group.
Revision: April 2011
Service Owner: Finance & Administration - Debbie Earles, Manager