Ordering a Blackberry
Instructions and information on ordering a BlackBerry device.
The initial costs are for Blackberry licenses and the Blackberry device. These are subject to change.
Please contact the telecommunications office at 864-8241 for current price and availability.
- Blackberry Licenses - $140.00 one time charge for Blackberry licenses.
- Blackberry Device - The Blackberry itself is currently available in the following models:
- Blackberry model 8330 (Curve) (has Bluetooth capability, speaker phone & camera)
- Blackberry model 8830 (World Blackberry) (has Bluetooth capability & speaker phone)
- Blackberry model 9530 (Storm) (has Bluetooth capability, speaker phone & camera)
If you wish to see specifications see the Downeast Communications Website
Note: The prices listed on the Downeast site are not necessarily the prices available to MUN.
Monthly costs are for wireless, cellular and data charges
Monthly Wireless access
$6.95 monthly System Access Fee for all wireless devices
Monthly Cellular Plans
- Pay-As-You-Go package - $0.35 per min (For people who do not want to use the Blackberry as a cell phone but have the capability to use as a cell on a pay per use basis)
- 200 Anytime minutes (standard) - $17.00 monthly
- 600 Anytime minutes - $40.00 monthly
- 1200 Anytime minutes - $80.00 monthly
Monthly Data plans
- 4MB per month - $ 25.00
- 8MB per month - $ 40.00
- 30MB per month - $ 60.00
Submitting an order
When ordering a Blackberry, please provide the following:
1. Name of the Department paying for the Blackberry.2. FOAPAL account to be used to pay for the Blackberry.3. Name of the registered user of the Blackberry.4. MUN Exchange e-mail address of the registered Blackberry user.5. Blackberry model to be purchased: BB8330, or BB8830 or BB95306. Air Time package: 200 Min ($17), or 600 Min ($40), or 1200 Min ($80)7. Data package: 4MB, 8MB, or 30MB (as listed above)8. Additional equipment required, e.g. car charger, Bluetooth headset, etc.9. Other requirements or concerns you wish to mention, such as reusing an existing cell number.