Computer Lab Policies
The following lab policies outline the appropriate basic conduct when in a lab; for even more detail view Memorial University's Appropriate Use of Computing Facilities Policy.
- No eating or drinking in the lab.
- Computing facilities and accounts are to be used for academic purposes only; playing games, viewing pornography, and any activity deemed non-academic by the lab assistant are prohibited and will result in being asked to leave the lab.
- For labs that require an account to login, make sure to re-boot the computer when finished. This should be done by clicking on the Start icon, choosing Shut Down and clicking Restart. This will log the user off and set up the processes for the next user, preventing other people from accessing the computer account. The account owner is responsible for any activities done with an account.
- Alert the student assistant to any problems a computer may be experiencing. We can't fix it if we don't know about it.
- Keep the conversation at a reasonable sound level. Cell phones and pagers should be turned off or set to vibrate while in the lab.