SCCM 2012 - Product Overview
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 SP1 is a software product made by Microsoft for managing large groups of personal computers while originally supporting the Windows operating system, SCCM 2012 is expanding to support other operating systems.
As a desktop managemen tool, SCCM has many features. This project will focus on just a few.
- Software Deployment - Eliminates the inefficient and error-prone process of manually installing applications.
- Software Updates - Automated assessment process discovers required updates, and provides a full patching solution.
- Reporting - Real-time reporting with many useful reports available out of the box.
- Operating System Deployment - Highly automated solution for migrating and deploying Windows server and client OS.
- Collections - Flexible systems and user groups, used to distribute software, updates, OSD. Collections are used to ensure only compatible updates are installled on your device, reporting etc.
- Inventory - Provides an inventory of hardware and software installed on each system.
For more information on the version of SCCM we are using please reference SCCM 2012 SP1.