Project Scope & Vision
Project Scope (Initial Service)
This project will build a new desktop management service for Windows based pc’s and laptops that fall within C&C support (approximately 2000 machines), starting with those that are attached to the Memorial Domain.
The initial offering will include the following functionality of Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Inventory and reporting of hardware and software on p.c.'s
- Microsoft software/operating system updates.
- Application Deploymeny
- Remote Assistancce (assisting clients remotely)
Planning and design will take into consideration the expectation that the service will expand in the following ways:
- to a much broader base of machines
- to avail of more functions of SCCM
- to make this service available to other Memorial units