Project Scope & Vision
Project Scope (Initial Service)
This project will build a new desktop management service for Windows based pc’s and laptops that fall within ITS support (approximately 2000 machines), starting with those that are attached to the Memorial Domain.
The initial offering will include the following functionality of Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Inventory and reporting of hardware and software on p.c.'s
- Microsoft software/operating system updates.
- Application Deployment
- Remote Assistancce (assisting clients remotely)
Planning and design will take into consideration the expectation that the service will expand in the following ways:
- to a much broader base of machines
- to avail of more functions of SCCM
- to make this service available to other Memorial units