Undergraduate Biology Scholarships
Here's a list of departmental scholarships and bursaries specifically awarded to undergraduate students of Biology:
- Bennett/Khan Bursary in Biology. Value ~$800. Awarded annually to a full time student beyond second year who is majoring in Biology with a particular reference to parasitology or another branch of invertebrate zoology.
- The Bruton Scholarship. Value ~ $800. Awarded to a student majoring in Biology whose special interest is in the field of plant biology.
- The Dr. George Moskovits Award. Value ~$200. The award will be made to a full-time senior student who has shown outstanding performance in the field of cell biology/microbiology.
- The Newfoundland Gardening Scholarship. Value ~ $1100. Awarded to a student graduating in Biology and intending to pursue a career in plant biology. If such a candidate is not available, it will be awarded to a second year Biology student going on to study horticulture.
- The Newfoundland Outfitter's Association Scholarship. Value ~$300. Awarded to a student in a science program in at least third year of the program. The recipient must plan to pursue an undergraduate academic program leading to a career in inland fisheries, wildlife management, wildlife biology, or a related field.
- The Lee Wulff Scholarship. Value ~$1000. Awarded to a third year Biology major wishing to pursue further studies in biological Sciences, with emphasis on conservation and environment. The award will be made on the basis of academic excellence in biological sciences and a demonstrated interest in conservation and the environment. (Recommendation from Dean of Science).